The PHOA Board of Directors has voted to establish a grant program that will reimburse up to $150 toward the cost of qualifying equine educational activities.
PURPOSE: In keeping with the spirit of PHOA’s goal of preserving and encouraging equine activities, the purpose of the grant program is to:
1) increase members’ equine knowledge and experience
2) increase volunteerism for PHOA and other equine activities
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be:
1) members of PHOA (individual or family) and
2) active volunteers at PHOA activities
APPLICATION DEADLINES: There will be two grants per year. Deadlines are:
1) Dec. 1 for events held January 1 - June 30
2) June 1 for events July 1 - Dec. 31
1) Equine-related clinics or lectures
2) Volunteer opportunities that enhance equestrian knowledge
These grants will be in the form of a reimbursement check for up to $150.00 for documented expenses - e.g. entry fees, travel and lodging, etc. Receipts and/or cancelled checks must be submitted for verification.
We welcome members’ input and ideas as the program evolves.
Completed applications should be signed (cosigned by a parent or guardian if the applicant is a Junior) and mailed to:
PHOA Box 965 Pepperell, MA 01463
Please send a confirmation e-mail to give us a heads-up that you are applying for one of the grants - notify Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org.